- Dance develops flexibility and instills confidence.
- Dance is first and foremost a stimulating mental activity that connects mind to body.
- Dance breaks isolation
- Dance invokes imagery in the service of graceful movement
- Dance focuses attention on eyes, ears and touch as tools to assist in movement and balance.
- Dance increases awareness of where all parts of the body are in space.
- Dance tells stories.
- Dance sparks creativity.
- The basis of dance is rhythm.
- The essence of dance is joy.
The benefits include greater confidence when walking and moving, greater flexibility, improved balance, and a huge boost in social confidence. And it is designed so that even those of us “with 2 left feet” can still learn and have fun.
Even our warm up exercises, which are done while sitting on chairs, are fun and give great benefit.
The class will meet twice in December…
Saturday, December 4th at 11:00
Saturday, December 18th at 11:00
There will be no classes in January, but they will resume February 5th
Location: the Gonzaga Dance/Theater building at Desmet and Pearl (just east of Ruby/Division and north of the river = 1 block north of Cataldo).
Call Cate at the PRC with questions: 509-473-2490
Comments are closed.